Monday, January 3, 2011

You Are My Sunshine

I wonder how the sun can be shining so brightly and it is still so COLD!  OK, I understand the science behind it all with the earth's rotation around the sun and all...but still, it catches me off guard sometimes.  I look outside and think just for a moment that it must be as warm out there as it looks.  One second outside cures that thought. 

How do you suppose people felt about the sun hundreds of years ago before they knew about what we know?  There must have been a lot of fear and superstition about the sun.  I'm glad I can narrow my fears and superstitions to earthly things.

Speaking of sunshine...we had a dandelion in our yard that must have figured that the sunshine yesterday meant that it should open up.  Kind of strange to see a flower blooming in the yard in January.  Makes me wish for more flowers blooming.  I'm ready for some of that sunshine that brings some warmer weather with it.  

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment