Thursday, January 13, 2011

I'm Popeye the Sailor Man

I wonder about food a lot.  Maybe not so much wonder as obsess.  Is this just a woman thing?  It seems so. 

So I tried this spinach, almond, raspberry, yogurt and egg diet.  It was the first diet I had seen where I liked all the ingredients.  No fish.  It wasn't too awful except for the yogurt.  That is really hard to eat without any sugar or sweetener of any kind.  I was supposed to do this for five days and lose up to 8 pounds.  I lasted 3 and a half days and lost 3 pounds.  But I did learn a few helpful hints from the book that I think I can carry through and continue to try to watch what I eat. 

Anyway...tonight we read about greed in the book we are studying.  And it just happened to mention Numbers 11 where the Israelites were complaining about manna.  It really reminded me of myself lately.  I have been eating really good and healthy food and all I can think about is all the things I can't have on this diet.  The Israelites said...who will give us meat to eat?  We remember the fish we ate...the cucumbers, the melons, the leeks, the onions, the garlic but now our whole being is dried up...

Wow.  Kind of hit me over the head.  How many times do we wish and want and think about all the things we wish we had and forget about what God has already provided? 

Oh...and considering I am trying to write something here everyday...sorry if I repeat myself.  I don't know if I have yet, but I'm trying to be proactive on my apology. 

And I wonder if the Israelites had bad breath when the lived in Egypt. 

God has provided us with such abundance.  Let's remember to thank Him for that.  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the great food we have God.

    Oh yeah, and thanks for Listerine! :)

    ReplyDelete