Monday, January 17, 2011

A Dash of Trash

I really like trees a lot better when they are full of green leaves.  But I will say one thing I like about a bare tree is that it enables you to see where the birds put their nests.  Like right in a tree on Broad Street in Grove City in between the Guthrie Theater and the Presbyterian Church.  Right along the sidewalk.  About four feet off the ground.  It looks so vulnerable right now but it must have felt safe with the leaves on the tree. 

This particular nest has a piece of trash incorporated into it.  I have a nest at home that Marty found in the yard and brought to me.  (This is better than a dozen roses in my opinion).  That nest has a piece of trash in it, too.  One of those plastic strips that would be around a package of gum or cigarettes when you open it.  All nicely woven around.  I wonder what attracts a bird to pick up litter and put it in their nest?  Maybe they are just trying to recycle.  reuse.  reduce. 

I feel like I just hit a wall here.  I don't really know where I was going with this whole post.  I wondered about birds nests and that's about it.   My mind feels cluttered by all the tasks that I have unfinished.  I'm making quilts and my sewing machine is acting cranky.  I have photo albums to work on and can't seem to carve out a large chunk of time.  I want to start selling some things on ebay and can't even get myself to buy a postal scale to get started.  I still have Christmas pictures on my camera that I want to download and send to friends and family.  I need to...well...nothing earth shattering really, just the daily business of life.  Maybe my nest needs a little less dash of trash.    

How is your nest?

No comments:

Post a Comment