Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's Complicated.

I have to take continuing education tests to keep up my coding certification.  Here's an example:  What code(s) describe contralateral approach to treat combined SFA, profunda femoral and separate popliteal artery stenoses with angioplasty at all three separate sites, all with 50 percent residual stenoses requiring stent placement at all three sites? 

I wonder how things got to be so complicated.  Everything that is supposed to be making our lives better is just so complicated.  Medicine, technology, transportation, food, communication.  It is just all so complex.  Even just trying to figure out how to send a bill for a medical procedure takes a lot of thought, not to mention all the complexities of the actual procedure. 

The Walmart in Butler doesn't carry the bread we like to buy.  Marty and I like to joke about this.  We stand in the bread aisle with hands on hips and stomp our foot and say...I can't believe they don't have that bread!...as we stare at about a hundred different kinds of white, wheat, honey wheat, whole wheat, rye, low-fat, multi-grain, sunflower seed, Italian and cinnamon swirl breads.  We've talked about it before.  How dare we complain when we are offered such variety.  Even bread can be complicated.  We demand our options. 

When the weather is warmer, I have been making my own bread.  I was tired of all the additives and unknown substances in store-bought bread (more unnecessary complication) and decided to try to make my own.  Flour, yeast, water, oil and salt.  And it is really pretty easy.  And it is the best bread you could ask for.  It is bread in it's simplest form.  Bread of life. 

Jesus said, "I am the Bread of Life."   So we had to complicate that, too.  We have Baptists, Catholics, Presbyterians, Methodists, Lutherans, Mormons.  We've turned Jesus into that bread aisle at Walmart.  And if we don't find what we want there, we stomp our feet and complain. 

I want Jesus without the man-made additives.  

2 comments:

  1. Jesus is as simple as bread - and I don't mean that in a bad way. (When did being simple become bad?) You can fancy it up anyway you like, but He's still an untainted, uncluttered expression of love.

    ReplyDelete