Monday, February 7, 2011

Reality check

Sometimes I wonder what I want to be when I grow up. 

Then I remember that I am grown up. 

What a bummer. 

Today was one of those days.   It's not that I absolutely hate my job or anything.  I am thankful to have a job.  But there are so many things I think I might be interested in.  I'd like to be one of those picker guys who go around digging in peoples old barns and outbuildings looking for cool stuff to sell.  I'd like to be one of those experts on the Antiques Roadshow who know all about old stuff.  I'd like to be the person who sets up the displays in museums.  I'd like to be on the Jeopardy Clue Crew.  I'd like to be a professional organizer.  I'd like to be a librarian.  I'd like to be a professional volunteer...which I know is not a real job, but I think it would be cool to just be able to have the time to volunteer instead of work. 

So, who knows?  I guess I just don't want to stop wondering what I will be when I grow up. 

What do you want to be when you grow up?

No comments:

Post a Comment